Four Watercolor Valentine Cards for Beginners!
We have been busy over here creating Valentine cards for friends and loved ones. It’s been so fun to easily bring to life cards using one of my favorite mediums: watercolor. I love that it dries quickly and that I can achieve beautiful results with just a little effort. I thought you might enjoy doing some too. So, I’m sharing these fun and easy tutorials with you! I hope you enjoy these four Valentine’s Cards for beginners. I did a post for each one that also include a video tutorial so I will just link to them below (click on the picture to go to each tutorial).
You can find the patterns in the Resource Library. Just look for the Valentine’s Cards Patterns. If you don’t have your password yet, you can go HERE to get one and join our community.
- Winsor Newton 12 pan watercolor set (or whatever you have on hand)
- Watercolor Brush Set that includes Sizes 2 and 6
- 140lb Watercolor Paper
- Printable Pattern (included in the FREE Resource Library)
- Graphite Paper or Window, iPad, Lightboard for tracing
- Pencil (don’t press hard when tracing, just lightly)
- A Kneaded Eraser (perfect way to make your lines faint but not too faint that you can’t see them)
- Tombow Calligraphy/Hand Lettering Pen
So here’s the line up of all four paintings (just click on the picture to go to the post):
I hope these patterns and tutorials make it easy and fun for you and yours to enjoy some quality creative time together during this time of year! Please let me know if you have any questions with these watercolor Valentine’s cards for beginners. I am here to help.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
P.S. If you’d like to include more watercolor painting in your family’s life this year, I’d like to invite you to join us in the Watercolor School! It’s a membership that includes all of our watercolor painting courses for beginners with 100+ projects that make it easy and fun for all ages to learn to watercolor paint! You can check it out here. or just click on the photo below. It makes a great gift too!