We moved from our large home in the suburbs to a smaller home in the country(ish). And we love it! We have discovered so many things we love about this life! More time for Nature, Art, and Creativity to name a few! So I thought I’d keep a log of what we are doing each year to add to our little (acre and a half) homestead.
Year One (2016):
- House Finished – We learned a lot of lessons here. Most of them really hard. But, we survived and can easily say, it was worth all of the trial and error.
- Yard Leveled
- Sprinklers Installed
- 24 Trees Planted (Pine and Maple) around perimeter
- Grass Planted
- 34 Bushes Planted (boxwood, lilac, peony, holly, rose)
- One Tree Chopped Down
- Established Garden Area
Goals for 2017:
- Thuja Green Giant trees planted on north and south side of property to make a natural privacy fence
- Plant fruit trees (plum, pear, peach, apple, cherry, apricot)
- Clear out back area of junk trees etc. to make room for animals/chickens!
- Build Chicken Coop
- Plant more bushes
- Plant Zinnias, bulbs
- Build Garden Boxes – first year for a garden
- Plant grapes (concord and eating grapes)
- Plant raspberries, strawberries, blackberries
LIVE YOUR BEST CREATIVE LIFE. FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY!
Subscribe (FREE) and I'll send you a password giving you instant access to all of our Lily and Thistle resources: Courses, printables, how-to's and more! You will also get my weekly newsletter full of great resources for your creativity!