It’s crunch time. And if you’re like me, you’re just now realizing it’s time to get serious about gifts! If you’re looking for something that will make your favorite creative mom’s heart sing – or thinking about what might make your heart sing 😉 I’ve got you covered!
I put together some great budget-friendly ideas that can be to the door (or inbox) just in time for the big day!
In my humble opinion, online classes are the BEST gifts for creative moms because they can be viewed anytime day or night and can be reviewed as many times as needed to learn a new skill or concept. No need to find a babysitter to attend class and no rush if there’s an interruption!
CreativeBug is my first pick. Creativebug subscriptions give unlimited access to over 1000 video classes in art, knitting, sewing, mixed media, and much more—all jam-packed with inspiration and expert instruction. They release two new classes every single week, plus subscribers get to pick their favorite class each month to keep forever.A subscription is an ideal gift for anyone to explore their creativity—from beginners to seasoned artists and crafters alike—there’s something for every creative interest.
Craftsy is another favorite. They always have great deals going. I love Craftsy because you buy the classes and own them forever. These classes are longer and more in-depth (usually at least two hours) but broken up into bite-sized chapters. Every class I have purchased has been beyond my expectations in both quality and results. They are now offering Craftsy Unlimited which gives you access to everything for a monthly fee.
Skillshare – Oh, mercy. I could spend all day on Skill Share! This one is great because it has hundreds of short, awesome classes that span over every aspect of creativity. From creating art to marketing and selling it. The basic concept is that everyone has a skill to share and this is the place to do it. Your first two months are free. After that, you pay $8-$15 a month depending on the plan you choose.
Amazon Prime is a blessing to last-minute shoppers like us! If you want something to actually wrap up and give, consider some of these favorites:
1.The Moleskine sketchbook is the best I have used. It can handle anything from a pencil to full watercolor washes.
2. This Windsor and Newton watercolor set is such great quality and compact so it’s easy to take with you anywhere.
3. The A4 Lightbox is my favorite because it’s thin and so portable. I use it all the time for paper dolls but it has so many other uses.4. Micron pens are known as the best of the best for durability and effect.
5. Watercolor pencils are so versatile and great for moms with littles, (no mess!). These are the best you can get but there are lots of other cheaper options that work great too.
6. Arches is a great choice for quality watercolor paper (cold or hot pressed). Qualtiy paper really does make a big difference!
7. Guoache (rhymes with wash) is a lot like watercolor but the pigment is more concentrated and SO MUCH FUN. This would be a great set to start with.
6. Ohuhu water brushes are so great because they hold water in them. So nice when there are little people around. No more worrying about water pans getting tipped over. They’re also great for art on the go and nature study!
A perfect addition to any of the gifts above would be a class to help make art more of a habit. I just finished creating a FREE class called The Art Habit for Moms. Just add this link to her card and she can get started as soon as she’s ready!
Now Get Shopping
I hope this gift guide gave you a few ideas. Maybe you even found a few things to add to your wish list (no shame!).
Let me know in the comments what other things you would add or what you’re wishing for this year. Happy Shopping!
LIVE YOUR BEST CREATIVE LIFE. FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY!
Subscribe (FREE) and I'll send you a password giving you instant access to all of our Lily and Thistle resources: Courses, printables, how-to's and more! You will also get my weekly newsletter full of great resources for your creativity!