For the last three weeks, I have been easily getting at least 8 cups of water a day…which for me is crazy amazing. Here’s what I am doing:
First let me say, I love Mason jars. To me they are the symbol of everything I appreciate in life. They are pretty, practical and when I hold one, I feel like I’m holding a piece of domestic history in my hand.
The Mason Pint Jar holds 2.5 cups of liquid (20 oz.). I’ve figured that if I get at least 3 of these a day I am doing great! I found the lids on a VeryJane
deal a while ago (you can probably easily find them online somewhere).
Here’s my concoction:
- 1/4 – 1/8 cup grapefruit juice (I just juice a big batch at the beginning of the week…so much better…no added stuff)
- One packet of stevia powder (about a tsp.) and then fill ‘er up with cold water!
So fresh. So yummy! So easy to suck down!
We all know the benefits of water and I have always loved grapefruit juice so I did a little search on the benefits of grapefruit juice and I found some great ones! Here’s just a few I’ve noticed:
- Major energy booster. I am always shocked at how good I feel after just a few sips in the morning and then when I really need it in the late afternoon. So much more energy for me.
- My system just feels cleaner.
- I am not as hungry and don’t have as many cravings during the day.
For more benefits, information and a few warnings, you can read this
Let me know if you try it and like it!
P.S. I tried something new this week and really love it. I put two apples,
grapefruit juice (with all of the pulp…might as well get all that fiber right?) into my Blendtec…used the whole juice setting and it made a perfect juice base for my water this week! Oh and every once in a while I’ll add a tablespoon of chia seeds
…yummy if you like the texture!
P.P.S. My friend Shea says that cucumber is a great thing to add too! I’m gonna try it one of these days!